This team act as the first point of contact for anyone who requires medical attention while they are at United. First aiders, ambulance personnel, doctors, nurses, midwives and HCA’s work together in a multi-disciplinary team to provide a high standard of clinical care in a compassionate and holistic way and in an environment which is both professional and supportive.
All applicants will need to provide a brief summary of their relevant qualifications and certificates, NMC/GMC numbers, current role and relevant past experience and be willing to provide copies of relevant certification. New Wine provides indemnity for all roles other than doctors.
- Doctors need a minimum of 4 years’ post-graduate experience.
- Nurses need an active current registration with the UK NMC; minimum qualification RN level 1
- HCAs need to provide a summary of experience and training.
- Paramedic and ambulance personnel need to provide their registration number.
- First aiders need to provide details of a Community First Responders, St John's or British Red Cross certificate, including expiry dates. Please note that applicants who don't do regular duties with St John's or the Red Cross may be considered on submission of details about either first aid or life experience. There are a number of duties within the team that may require less experience than some of the full time First Aid roles.
- Hours: You can join this team in a full-time or part-time capacity. If full time you’ll volunteer for shifts of 5-8 hours.
Expectation for team members
Those who volunteer for New Wine teams at United do so based on their Christian profession and way of life. As a team volunteer, your conduct on site is expected to be consistent with New Wine's ethos and understanding of the teaching of the New Testament.
Part of New Wine’s ethos is our adherence to the Evangelical Alliance (EA) basis of faith and in submitting your team application you are acknowledging your acceptance to do the same.