Our Place (children with additional needs)
Come and join the team!
Our Place exists to ensure every child and young person on site is included and can understand the gospel in their own way. Additional needs are wide ranging and may include disability, cognitive impairment, mental health problems, illness and other undiagnosed needs. For the last 15 years we've provided inclusion support teams in each of the kids and youth venues, as well as the specalist Our Place venues.
We seek to serve children and young people with additional needs - whether that's an encouragement to edge closer to participating in worship, or a comforting quiet space to reflect on a talk - we do whatever we can to make sure they understand they are known, loved and valued by God. It's more than an individual who benefits from the Our Place team, we host and celebrate families and siblings at various sessions across the week.
If you have a heart for serving children or youth who have additional needs or feel called to our team, please apply regardless of experience. We will provide lots of training and support and will enjoy equipping you in the area of additional needs ministry.
To apply for team:
- Minimum age is 17+ (if you are not yet 17, please get in touch with Naomi Graham to discuss the possibility of volunteering).
- Hours are dependent on the role. Inclusion teams generally work a morning and evening session, but some roles are more out of hours or shift based (for example, if supporting an individual to serve on another team).
- All accepted Our Place applicants will be required to attend a training session: 11.30am-4.30pm on Saturday 29th June 2019 at St Andrews Church, Hatters Lane, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP13 7NH.
- A DBS check is required for all those 17+
- Part of New Wine’s ethos is our adherence to the Evangelical Alliance (EA) basis of faith. In submitting your team application you are acknowledging your acceptance to do the same.
"There's a real privilege in serving the children and families we do - you can really get alongside people and even over the short space of 1 week see the difference it makes"
"From profanity's on day 1 to asking the big 'Why' questions on day 5 - Our Place proves that serving children who need that extra space and support can make the world of difference"
"You feel like you're a part of one big family - it's awesome!"
‘There’s so much God can teach me through it’... head over to our blog to read Alice's experience of serving on the Our Place team