We are made in the image of God and that means we are being Godly when we are being creative. At United there are three arts teams:
- Arts Workshops for adults
- Creative in the Marketplace for all
- The Gallery for all
Arts Workshops Team
The Arts venue runs arts workshops for adults. We have a busy schedule both morning and afternoon. Delegates often come to the venues to chill out, to respond to the teaching in other venues, to try out new activities, to meet with other creatives and it often becomes a sanctuary for many.
There are opportunities to get stuck into inspiring activities, as well as meeting and chatting to delegates.
- Age: 18+
- Skills/attributes: You need to be creatively minded but not necessarily gifted; you also need to be a team player and be prepared to muck in with some very messy (literally) situations.
- Hours: Workshops in the morning and afternoon, with time with our team pastor in the middle of the day, manning the booking desk in the late afternoon and a reflective DIY art session in the evening.
Creative in the Marketplace Team
On this fun team you need to be willing to get stuck in and help delegates of all ages engage with creative activities including t-shirt painting, enamelling, glass decorating and candle dipping.
- Age: 15+
- Skills/attributes: Artistic ability is not necessary but a desire to help others is.
- Hours: An average day involves serving in the venue during Marketplace opening hours for a max of 6-7 hours a day.
Art Gallery Team
This team is for people who have an interest in art and are able to volunteer in the Marketplace Gallery.
Expectation for team members
Those who volunteer for New Wine teams at United do so based on their Christian profession and way of life. As a team volunteer, your conduct on site is expected to be consistent with New Wine's ethos and understanding of the teaching of the New Testament.
Part of New Wine’s ethos is our adherence to the Evangelical Alliance (EA) basis of faith and in submitting your team application you are acknowledging your acceptance to do the same.